Friday, July 16, 2010

Now-I've-heard-it-all department

Shock. Horror.
Some morons in Oklahoma apparently believe that kids are now getting high by - get this - listening to sounds on their earphones.

Yes. I kid you not. Apparently, there are these evil (I tell you, evil) websites out there that purport to be purveyors of music. But no-o-o-o. Instead, they are downloading "binaural beat" tones that "alter brainwaves" (like the kids have brainwaves to alter in the first place, but that's another story...).

The so-called "experts" are saying that, while i-dosing (yes, that's the term they use) may be relatively harmless, it could lead to harder stuff like - horrors! - marijuana!!! Oh dear, whatever will we do?

Binaural beating. My ass. I'm sure the kids have more satisfying things to beat...

You must read the article. It done shoulda been published in The Onion. And, if you Google [i-dosing] you'll see some fun putdowns of this shit!

No comments: