Monday, September 13, 2010

Sarahbabble

And here I thought I babbled! Since this site is dedicated to silly ramblings (mostly mine), today I thought I'd treat you to the nonsense that Sarah spewed in Wasilla this weekend, on the occasion of the 9/11 anniversary - which, btw, she barely mentions in this speech diatribe. As I often do, I'm just gonna let it speak for itself - this time, literally! (And yes, I am using that word correctly.) The best way to appreciate this is to read it out loud - if you can bear it. What a total idiot the woman is. My only fear is the potential for her ending up as the POTUS - that would be even more embarrassing than Bush was, both here and on the world stage, and that's saying a lot! (Which reminds me - don't forget to look above to see my somewhat-regularly updated Bushisms.) That sentence I underlined below? Talk about the Bridge to Nowhere; this is the Sentence to Nowhere!
----------------
"Well, I'm sorry I'm late. We had a bunch of kid activities today, and the kids come first, OK, so... we're taking care of that, but first let me ask you - Do you looove your freedom? We do love our freedom so what we do is we think of vets and we have some vets right here and we have vets all over this crowd. Raise your hand if you've served in the past or are presently serving in the United States military. We love you and we salute you! God bless you guys. Thank you guys so much! You're why we are here - why we are free - why we have these protections in our Constitution that only you can secure so we thank our vets. It's just really really good to be home. Tonight I think I'll see some of you at a Glenn Beck event that we have in Anchorage. Woohoo! I know. What would we do without Fox News? I don't know.

"We've had a busy time getting to travel around the United States and share the message of really the reform in this country that we need. The reform it's not a fundamental transformation of America that some would want to instill upon us but it is a restoration of America and the values that we hold so dear. That's been our message. And I tell ya where that springs from though, is the roots here in Alaska. I tell my parents all the time there is no better gift that they could have given me than besides such an appreciation for family and for faith and patriotism, it's been an upbringing in America in this most perfect state in America - Alaska, where we are independent and we have the pioneering spirit that more of America should hopefully get to look into the state and understand and really try to emulate because it's that pioneering spirit that America needs more of.

"It's a spirit that really wants to value work ethic and value family and value country and not ask much of government. We just want government on our side. We don't want it against us, we just want it on our side so it's not a lot to ask. But that... that value, that belief, it comes from being an Alaskan. There is no place that I would rather be than with you on a day like this - patriots in Alaska. Patriots here who have taken time out of their day to say that we will never forget 9/11, nine years ago - we will never forget and we all commit to never letting it happen again. So I thank you from the bottom of my heart for not just welcoming me in my home town but for being who you are, true patriots holding on to time tested truths. Knowing that... knowing some basic principles that again, the rest of America can learn from so many Alaskans who believe this - those time tested truths that are based on the government that governs least, governs best. And the knowledge that it's our Constitution that provides the best path - the best blueprint for a more perfect union and the knowledge that our men and women in uniform are a source for good throughout this world and that's nothing to apologize for. So you Alaskans who are so proud to be American, I'm with you. I love you. God bless you and God bless the United States of America. Thank you guys!"
----------------
Ever thoughtful, the Huffington Post provides video of this delicious morsel here. (I can't bear to watch it myself.)

An interesting aside: Whether true or not, I dunno, but it's still funny. During some websurfing, I came across this story - apparently, when Sarah heard that Obama beat Hillary Clinton in the 2008 primaries, she was heard to say, "So Sambo beat the bitch." (Snopes.com categorizes the story as "undetermined," but it's likely true - see here.)

And if you like Sarah humor, try this - particularly her 2008 stuff.

No comments: